let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Cowichan Valley
A perfect retirement. Situated on an estuary enjoy the serenity of nature in your backyard. A well built doublewide featuring a spacious living room, dining room, sunroom, galley kitchen with lots of cabinets. 3 bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths. The main bath has been renovated and offers a walk-in tub. A detached workshop. Carport parking. 55+ Park. No pets. Electric heat pump. Remaining furniture can stay.Listed by RE/MAX ISLAND PROPERTIES
Truly a must see, full of English Country Charm!! Watch the sun rise over the mountains and ocean every day in this classic 2052 sq. ft., home in central Ladysmith. Two of the 3 bedrooms (all on upper level) feature covered patios, ensuites, and walk-in closets. Enjoy the main floor's grand living room with woodstove; a bright kitchen with wood beams; tall ceilings; lovely floors; 3 bathrooms; and an elegant ...Listed by RE/MAX OCEAN POINTE REALTY (LD)
Opportunities like this come once in a lifetime! 3 bdrm family home & large shop on .31 acre lot. Steeped in history, this split level home was lovingly built and maintained by the same family since new. The rock work that surrounds the wood insert in the family room, and on the feature wall in the livingroom, are both sourced from Copper Canyon. The master bedroom & laundry room are conveniently located on ...Listed by Pemberton Holmes - Ladysmith
Located in the heart of Ladysmith's Old Town, this private gem puts you just a few steps away from one of Canada's finest small town Mainstreets. Walk down the hill to nearby shops and restaurants or just stay home and enjoy the harbour view from you living room chair. Backyard barbecue? Absolutely! This 3000 sq ft property has its own backyard oasis with a private patio, garden, lane accessed carport, and st...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Although born and raised in Manitoba, Dwayne has called Vancouver Island home since 1995. An avid angler, Dwayne loves the outdoor playground that is unique to the West Coast of British Columbia. A long time resident of Campbell River, he now lives in the Cowichan Valley with his partner, Judy. Dwayne is proud of his Island home and is excited by the opportunity to help others find their perfect Island home.