let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Cowichan Valley
Affordable 2-bedroom Freshly renovated mobile home! Centrally located, walking distance to schools, shopping, Puntledge River, Fifth Street, and much more! Large covered deck with a newer appliance including a new gas furnace. Seize this opportunity.Adult orientated park!Listed by eXp Realty
This rare, extremely private, 3 acre property could be yours before the holidays. Just minutes from town, the Cowichan Valley Trail, and the historic Cowichan River. Upon arrival you are greeted with generous parking, a two car garage, lush lawns and tall timber. As you step into the 2754 sqft home you are welcomed into a large entry and living room with charming feature fireplace. The kitchen and dining area...Listed by Pemberton Holmes - Duncan
BRAND NEW! Totally renovated 3 bedroom condo. Spacious entrance with closet and pantry cupboards. Brand new kitchen with tons of cabinets, SS fridge, DW, & range, new SS stove, new countertops and back splash. Open concept main floor. Living room has hardwood floors, patio doors to deck and its own outside door. Main floor bathroom has been updated. Upstairs are Master bedroom and 2 other bedrooms. Upper bath...Listed by Pemberton Holmes - Duncan
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Although born and raised in Manitoba, Dwayne has called Vancouver Island home since 1995. An avid angler, Dwayne loves the outdoor playground that is unique to the West Coast of British Columbia. A long time resident of Campbell River, he now lives in the Cowichan Valley with his partner, Judy. Dwayne is proud of his Island home and is excited by the opportunity to help others find their perfect Island home.